12 months before the expiring date of
the licence, plus a training flight of at
least 1 hour with an instructor.
The PPL licence allows the trans-
portation of passengers but without
economic gain. For aerial work, it is
necessary to have the Commercial
Pilot Licence (CPL).
The PPL can be enhanced with sub-
qualifications, allowing the pilot to fly
Multiengine Piston Aircraft (MEP), tur-
bocharged engine aircraft, retractable
landing gear aircraft, variable-pitch
propeller aircraft, rearwards landing
gear aircraft, rearwards and sideway
retraction, floatplanes, biplanes, night
visual flight (VFR), instrumental flight
(IFR) and so on.
The proficiency is in the Italian aero-
nautical language; while abroad, the
same is mandatory in English in addi-
tion to the TEA (minimum level: 4th).
For the CPL, the use of the English
language is always mandatory.
• For enrollment the minimum age is 16
• To obtain the licence minimum age is
• Valid Class 1 or Class 2 Medical
GROUND TRAINING /
• Air Law
• Aircraft general knowledge
• Flight performance and planning
• Human performance and limitations
• Operational procedures
• Principles of Flight
FLIGHT TRAINING /
45 FLIGHT HOURS
• 25 hours on SEP in Double Command.
• 10 hours as PIC on SEP, of which 5
hours on different airports
• According to student’s needs, he will
fly remaining 10 hours as PIC or in
PPL COURSE SPECIFICATIONS